CommonSSO is a development of CommonLogon to allow single sign-on for Extranet web sites. The initial releases will provide this via a web service, however this will be migrated to WCF in a later phase.
CommonLogon is a mechanism for Extranet web sites to have a user logon process of the scope found for network logon but with extensions for the web such as the ability to restrict logons for a given account against IP Address.
Common Logon Features
* Passwords stored as hash
* Password complexity rules
* Password aging
* Optional restriction of any account by IP Address.
* Administrator reset of password.
* User must change password at next logon.
* It is targetted for Extranet web sites to have a single sign-on mechanism.
* It is meant as a complete replacement for the ASP.NET membership system where the administrative characteristics of domain log-on are required.